The Wateryard Group is a registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
What personal information does Wateryard collect?
We routinely collect information when members join and renew their membership. This may include:
• email addresses;
• addresses; and
• phone numbers.
We also collect personal information when members and non-members audition for a production. In addition to names and contact details, we are likely to take photographs, which will never be reproduced without your explicit consent.
We may also keep a record of your transactions with Wateryard and any correspondence between us, which may include details of:
• ticket purchases and event attendance;
• contact preferences;
• donor and Gift Aid status; and
• details of any correspondence sent to you, or received from you.
How is personal data stored?
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations Act 2018 all personal information will be held securely and used with care and in accordance with this policy.
What is personal information used for?
Wateryard only collect any personal information about you that you have knowingly provided.
We use members’ data for administering your membership; communicating information; and seeking donations for forthcoming productions. The data gathered during auditions and rehearsals is held by the production team (including the director, designer and any appropriate support).
Subject to your prior approval we may communicate with you:
• by email or by post to inform you about the productions that we plan to stage or collaborate on. Where we communicate with you by email as a member of a group, we will “Blind” copy [BCC] you so that your email address is not visible to others; and
• by telephone only when email or post may not be sufficiently timely, for instance when we have to cancel a performance or rehearsal at short notice.
In cooperation with Mailchimp, we collect your name and email address so that we can send you our newsletter. We use a double opt-in as your consent to allow us to do so. You can unsubscribe at any time by either:
• clicking the Unsubscribe link in our confirmation email; or
• contacting us to request your removal.
Donations and Gift Aid
Donations that are given to Wateryard with the agreement that Gift Aid can be claimed back from HMRC have the donor’s contact details held securely, and these details are forwarded on to the HMRC when Wateryard claims back the Gift Aid on the donations. Should donors send money electronically to Wateryard’s bank Nat West, then their bank details will be shown on Wateryard’s statement. The Nat West Privacy statement covers this personal information.
Online ticket purchases
In addition to this policy your personal data is protected in the UK by the General Data Protection Regulations Act 2018. In accordance with this Act, Wateryard will process any data we hold about you only in a lawful and fair manner. Wateryard will keep your data secure to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. Your personal data may have to be disclosed if we are required to disclose it by law or as a result of a lawful request by a governmental or law enforcement authority.
You have the right to:
• request to view all the personal data that Wateryard holds about you;
• request us to amend or delete all personal data, with the exception of your name alone held by us;
• withdraw your consent to us communicating with you at any time; and
• to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If you want to contact us about your personal data email us at:
or write to us at:
The Wateryard Group, 5 Rosehill, Alexandra Road, Mayfield TN20 6UE